Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:51:37 +1000
(Reposted from several days ago, as a matter of public reference (since
it was supposed to go to the list in the first place), due to original
post getting rejected due to length, then getting rejected again due to
posting too many messages to the list, then getting rejected again due
to language which might be misconstrued.  Third time's a charm...)

Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier; I've been rather busy.  Sorry if
I'm dragging up a topic which was otherwise finished - I haven't been
watching the list too closely over the last week or so, due to said
busy-ness.  I just wanted to respond to this, since I'm not one to leave
things dangling.

(BTW, this post is /intended/ to hit both the list and the user's
account - I don't know exactly what the code of conduct is for this list,
however, so I apologise if it doesn't make it to the digest because it's
felt to be inappropriate.  As demonstrated by the recipients list, I have
nothing to say to this person that I am not willing to say in public.)

So, for starters:

[log in to unmask] wrote:
>How dare you Tell me what I can and can not say. I have every right to
>say what ever the hell I want. i stick by Everything I said.

Oh, right, I forgot - your right to look irrational and uninformed is
enshrined in your constitution 9_9;

Look, if you can tell other people that what they're /doing/ is wrong, I
can tell you that what you're /saying/ is wrong.  Simple as that.  You
have no right to judge what these people are doing at all, since you have
(apparently) no factual backing and only a vague emotive reasoning for
your own stance.  So please, if you're going to debate things like this,
get down off of your pedestal and grow up.

Now, onto the list post:

FERRET-L automatic digest system wrote:
>From:    Tyler Nicholas Mills <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: moue subject [feeding live prey]
>
>I must say that the past several emails I have received personally as
>well as the stupid posts to the FML have been quite amusing.  For now I
>am going to send a general email to the FML instead of 30 private emails.
>I do love how cowardly some of you are as to send me an email privately
>but wont post it for a board.  I sure hope some of you would have the
>b*lls to say the crap your saying to my face. ..........
>
>I am fully aware that ferrets are obligate carnivores.  My vegetarian
>lifestyle has absolutely no effect on the ferrets.  They do get chicken
>and although I do not enjoy it they do.

Isn't it a little disingenuous to claim that your vegetarian lifestyle
has /no/ effect on your ferrets, when you've already demonstrated that
it colours your view on ferret feeding?  I mean, fair enough, it's good
that you've acknowledged that they're carnivores, and aren't one of
those loons who thinks a veggie diet is okay for a predatory animal.
But you've already shown that your lifestyle has /some/ effect on your
ferrets, regardless of who thinks it's good or bad.

(Continued due to length...)

[combined here.  BIG]

(...Continued from previous due to length...)

>From:    Tyler Nicholas Mills <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: moue subject [feeding live prey]

>Next time, try to remember that factual data, not shouting and
>opinions, will get you heard.

This... is bizarre, given your original post, lack of factual
information, and constant shouting o_o;

>As for my OVERUSE OF CAPITALS........I feel that this is a strong way to
>emphasis my point.

Basic fact of the internet: it's not.  It makes you sound angry and
emotional, which is usually tied to being irrational (especially when
you're expressing a personal opinion) and means you're a lot less likely
to be taken seriously.  It's about the best way there is to have your
post dismissed as a rant.

>I can not believe that my one statement has started such an Up roar.

I can't imagine why it's so surprising; it's not as if it hasn't happened
before.

>Also I'm not sure where exactly in my emails SOMEONE got that I am
>opposed to feeding mice to ferrets totally....

Perhaps the "kibble, what they were meant to eat" part?  That's what
gave me that impression, at least.  Your original post, and the violent
support of kibble like some kind of fundamentally natural and perfect
food contained therein, made you seem very strongly opposed to a
real-food diet (live or dead).

>The pre killed my is still disgusting however it is personal choice as
>it is such of mine to post my thoughts......I am quite knowledgeable
>about ferrets.  I have worked very closely with many EXTREMLY
>knowledgeable ferret people.  And for the record.....Feeding mice to
>ferrets that are alive is CRUEL DISGUSTING AND MORALLY WRONG.

Well gee... that's the kind of logic that made your first post so
convincing.  Once again, you're just saying an opinion as if it's fact,
and claiming to know lots about ferrets is hardly going to convince
anybody.  If you have factual backing, then post it; people might
actually take it into consideration.  But if all you have to do is yell
your opinion over and over, then why the hell are you so surprised when
people disagree with equally vehement force?

>My statement about Kibble....... Although mice are very healthy for
>ferrets It is nothing I would EVER consider.  I'm not raising animals
>that I want to encourage to kill.

It's all the same, really; the animals are already killers, one way or
another.  You keep your restrained because you /know/ this.  *shrug*
Once again, your /choice/ is fair enough (indeed, I wouldn't feed live
prey myself - the main reason I never kept a snake as a pet, even though
I think they're awesome).  I just don't know where you get off yelling
it like facts at people who disagree with you.

>This Matter Should Be dropped.  Feel Free To email me further.  However
>in the end its still the same bunch losers who have absolutely nothing
>better to do.

"I should get the last word (or at least the last /public/ word, so it
looks like I won), despite the fact that I started this as an emotional
shouting match, and deserved to get exactly the same thing in reaction.
Oh, and you guys are all pathetic losers, even though (once again) I
started it, and have nothing better to do than to argue with losers who
have nothing better to do."

I can't believe you're trying to represent /yourself/ as the "bigger
person" here 9_9;

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
http://hypercrescendo.net/foxlee/fls/
http://www.furbiddenrealms.com
http://blurty.com/users/leechimera/

"On white wings, laughter calls,
Takes me outside of these prison walls,
Always uncertain when starting to fly,
In the hour before my brother dies"
      - Shamrock & Thistle, The Hour Before My Brother Dies