From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 18:33:07 -0700
To Pam Barber:
>Ernie developed the anoying habit of knocking his food and water dish (its
>a combination) so that his water goes all over as well as in his food.  My
>thinking is - Is he doing this to get his food mushy on purpose since
>eating the hard food hurts his tooth?

     This sounds a bit far-fetched.

>there's something about the x-ray machine not being the right size.
>Anyway - what do ya'll think?

    Well, it is difficult to do good oral radiographs on a ferret with a
standard X-ray machine.  But in my experience, a good oral exam - which can
be done after a little bit on inhalant anesthesia, is always the best way to
evaluate for tooth problems, rather than X-rays.

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP
Dept. of Vet Path, AFIP
[log in to unmask]  OR
Chief Pathologist, AccuPath