From:
Julie Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:27:28 -0700
On Mother's Day in 2003, I heard a horrid yowling noise outside my
home.  I followed the noise to it's source, and 2 hours later, managed
to extract a tiny, hissing, spitting kitten from my neighbor's engine
block.  She was terrified of humans...but loved my ferrets on sight.

I named her Cricket, because of her odd squeaky meow.  I had planned to
get her 'fixed' at 5 months of age.  She had other plans, and became a
mom at the tender age of 4 months.  She trusted the ferrets implicitly-
she had the kittens in their room.  Of course, I moved them to their own
room immediately.  When the kittens were only 2 days old, I returned from
shopping to find that someone had left the kitten's room door open...and
the ferrets were also out.  My heart was thumping as I headed for the
sofa; I knew Cricket would move them there.  Very carefully, my hubby
lifted the sofa, and there they were........my heart nearly burst at the
sight... One big pile- 8 ferrets and 6 kittens, completely intertwined
and snoozing blissfully.  They sleep and play together still.  And to
this day, I curse myself for not having had the sense to get a camera...

Julie & the Woozles
21st Century Ferret
http://geocities.com/woozle31