From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 06:24:08 -0400
Dear Penny and Patty,

Even though you are not together, you both seem to be having the same
problem, how to get a sick ferret to eat.

I have had hopeless cases, and what I do it let them lick small amounts
of duck soup WARM, off of my finger. I have had to put it into their
mouths, and I carried them around inside my shirt to keep them warm and
close.

I have used baby food chicken, again, warm is the key word, and treated
them like a sick child. I came home at lunch and offered them soup
again, and at one point, I took the day off.

Key word, warm and anyway they will take it, try rubbing some warm baby
chicken on their lips or tummy while you are holding them. One rescue
gal, June's Angel was five weeks before she came around, but she lived
4 more years against all odds.

Marilynat Ledoux Hospice.