Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:27:22 -0800
First I would like to thank everyone who has e-mailed me about Geezer and
Tunees, and apologize for not posting sooner with an update.

The surgeries went very well for the both of them!

First was Tunees:
Our Tunees is quite large (fat), bald and is adrenal (left).  He had his
right partially removed a year ago.  He had a growth on his right eye.
It was closing the eye so he couldn't see so we removed it.  He was under
for only 10 minutes, so he came out of it real fast and was alert.  We
cant do the other adrenal because he wont come out of the anesthesia.

Then came our boy Geezer (old man Geez) :
He did wonderfully.  Had to put the gas on full so we could get him down
quickly (on #5 for two minutes).  Then Doc came in with this awful looking
tool, about 1/4 inch round and hollow in the middle.  She put that in his
mouth and started pushing, twisting and turning it until it wouldn't go any
farther.  Pulled off a good portion of mass from his gums, and believe it
or not, he had teeth under it.  Little ittiy bitty teeth.  He bled quite a
bit, but it stopped in a few minutes.  Doc chose not to extract his tooth
he was bleeding to much and didn't want to put him back under .  She said
its not rotting away, or seeming to bother him, so to let it be.  She sent
in the mass for a biopsy, and we should have the results within the week!
His only took eight minutes.  After a little while, Mary warmed up his food
and he ate the whole bowl full.  That put a smile on both of our faces.
His nose seems a little clogged, because its whistling (like the guy on
Ally McBeal!  LOL).

Anyway, It was a long day of surgeries, going from 9:00am - 7:30 pm.  We
did all together 12 surgeries.  Two of our babies didn't make it.

Thanks for all the prayers: Kris

Kris Mewton - [log in to unmask]
www.mkaresq.com  -  www.mfran.org