Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:13:43 -0400
>For me, the big concern with colloidal minerals of any type, including
>silver, is that because it is not a "drug" it is not regulated.  Frankly,
>that tips me off right there.  The FDA won't approve it, so it is sold as
>a dietary supplement.  Personally, that scares me.  Here is the real issue.
>Is colloidal silver a neccessary part of a ferret's healthy diet?

NO, colloidal silver is not a part of a ferret's healthy diet .. any more
than Amoxicillin is!  They are both antibiotic/antibacterial agents, NOT
diet supplements!

BTW, St.  John's Wort is also not a "drug" and not regulated by the FDA.
Do you want to guess what the most prescribed antidepressant in Germany
(where it IS a regulated substance, and where clinical trials have been
done on it by Commission E) is?  It's not a prescription medicine .. it's
St. John's Wort.

FDA regulation doesn't mean that something "works" .. or even that it's
necessarily safe.  Fen Phen, Thalidomide and Propulsid were all FDA
regulated and approved, too .. and look how many adults and children lost
their lives or were crippled or developed severe heart problems as a result
of those "FDA approved" products ...

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483