Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:15:26 -0700
Skippy is still doing well and is eating like a pig again so the pred
mixture for her ear is doing something.  I take her to the vet on Tuesday
to get her checked out and get her readings.  Just to let you know
Prednisone is a steriod that can be absorbed through the skin and that
is why I am able to apply it to her ear.  I'll email everyone back that
emailed me with the information to the Pharmacy so that if you need to can
call and see if they can help you.  I think they ship out to but you'll
need to ask them.

I wanted to reply about Sniffles.  Bugsy my other ferret laid around alot
also and was really fat!  He ate like a pig and then one day he stopped
jumping on things and his back end didn't work right and after a day or so
he couldn't walk.I thought he was just sick also because he was alright
otherwise.  When he couldn't walk I rushed him to the vet and found out
that it was an enlarged spleen that had to be removed.  They told me that
it was so large by the time that I brought him in that if I would have
waited another day it may have been to late.  Skippy's insolinoma symptoms
were staring off into space, cocking her head to the side, foaming at the
mouth, scratching at her mouth and she didn't have any balance when she
walked.

Reply to the person with the ferret that drinks urine.  Bugsy does that
also and I've tried everything that's been suggested to me from pulling him
away and getting him to focus on something else to making sure that his
diet is full of vitamins.  He still does it.  It doesn't hurt them.  I was
told that it was a deficency of a vitamin or mineral or something that
makes them do that.  But to no avail he still does it.  Only when he's out
of his cage though.  I try to pull him away when I catch him.  I just don't
give him as many kisses on the nose as I used to.