From:
Michelle Nadorozny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 19:39:20 -0500
After a recent bout with ECE, I wanted to add some information about
treatment of ulcers.  Although I've seen a lot of posts recommending
Pepto-Bismol, my vet advised against it.  Besides the point that ferrets
really don't like it, he believes that the coating action may interfere with
the absorption of nutrients, which is especially important when it comes to
diarrhea.  He recommeded, and I successfully used, Pepcid AC.  I dissolved
one tablet in 10 cc of water, and administered it every eight hours (0.25 cc
to 2.5 lb ferret and 0.1 cc to 1.5 lb ferret).  It doesn't have an offensive
taste (I tried it), and they didn't spit it back on me!

Hope this helps.

Michelle, Squirt (getting stronger), and PB (all better)