From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:16:12 +0100
>so there fore we in the UK have to live with the smell and most people
>who I have come in contact with think it is a barbaric practice.  May
>be if more UK ferret owner were to voice their opinions on this site,
>instead of just sending me private e-mail's, we could get our point
>across better.

Smell???  what smell?  My fuzzies dont "smell", they do have a natural
musk to them, but then so do most things in this world.  Oh and before I
get comments, yes mine live indoors, and in fact sleep only about 8 feet
from my pillow, one of them suffers with nightmares, so I have to be on
hand...(thats my excuse)

Nothing picks me up if I am down like a nose full of "Mustelid Musk".  I
have a problem with "unneccessary surgery", apart from neuter or spay,
anything that isnt needed to preserve health in a creature is (to me) not
worth taking the risk on.  after all there is little enough to a ferret
as it is, without chopping more bits of :o) But thats just my outlook,
YMMV.

I bath the furkid3 about once every 3 or 4 months, (unless they outwit me
and get into something real messy) bedding is changed about every 5 days
along with the hammie, I get the steamer out and steam clean the pile
carpet (spoiled bunch) in thier cage monthly, and that seems to keep them
fairly fresh.

But to be honest, to me, the word "smell" suggests an overpowering odour,
something that my bunch never suffered with during thier time with me so
far.  It may be interesting to see a "straw poll" on how often cage
cleaning and bedding changes occur amongst the members of the list

Bubbles is doing nicely, his fur has suddenly started to return, just as
I was getting a little worried at the lack of "action" suddenly my big
handsome guy is all silky soft and fuzzy again.  Sadly the Vet that
perfomrd the surgery was only in fact covering a staff shortage and has
no departed, which is a big loss for us, as I had relly been impressed by
his approach and his honesty, We had really "connected", but... oh well...

Our thoughts to those with sick or angeled sock stashers.

Cris and the furkid3.
Bubbles  (honest dad its medicinal - look it say FURotone on da
          bottle....
Skweek  (yeah I need sum of dat too to grow me a plush winter coat
Rhubarb  Hello, My name is whubarb and Im a furotoneholic

Remebering Cussie(angel)weezil - dancing at the rainbow bridge
                      mailto:[log in to unmask]