From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 17:30:34 EST
Pam Greene's FAQ( part 3) mentions that sweet oil, made for cleaning (human)
babies ears, can be used to clean the ears of ferrets.  Since commercial ear
cleaner sounded pricey (about $8 for 4 ounces), I thought I'd check it out
as an alternative.  The local (big) drugstore did indeed have the stuff;
only $2.19 for 2 ounces.  Wow, I thought, much cheaper.  Since I'd been
wondering what the heck 'sweet oil' was, I took a closer look at the bottle.
It was marked 'Sweet oil (olive oil)' on the front.  On the back it said
'Active ingredient - olive oil'.  No mention was made of any inert
ingredients.

So I can't help but wonder...is this the same stuff I cook with?  I've got a
big bottle of olive oil in my kitchen, is this just as good for cleaning
ferret ears as the more expensive stuff in little bottles?  If it's not the
same, do any of you know what the difference is?  (And in case you're
wondering, no, I didn't buy it.)