From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:58:16 -0400
>From:    Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Books
>Two of these books I would have to Special Order from Barnes & Nobles.
>Could someone tell me how good these books are and if they are worth the
>money to buy?
>
>Biology and Diseases of Rabbits, Rodents and Ferret's by Quesenberry and
>
>Biology and Diseases of the Ferret by James Fox and
>
>Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents by Hillyer and Quesenberry and
>
>Ferret's, Rabbits and Rodents-Clinical Medicine and Surgery.

I think there's a little confusion on those titles.  The titles you list
first, third and fourth are no doubt the same book... "Ferrets, Rabbits and
Rodents - Clinical Medicine and Surgery" by Hillyer and Quesenberry.  This
one is probably the best for the average ferret owner.

"Biology and Diseases of the Ferret" by James Fox is very good, but really
heavy reading and not for the layman.  It goes into great detail, more than
the average person needs or can even understand, but if you don't mind
spending $50 or so, it's worth having on hand.  Make sure you get the
second edition, which just recently came out.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC