From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:22:00 -0700
I visited Lollypop Farm, our Humane Society for the Greater Rochester
(NY) area today to checkout a little ferret named Mikael and collect
more information about him. He was a delight to visit. He was happy to
have someone handle him with confidence and give him hugs and rubs. He
however, was sad to go back into his cage.

Mikael was found wandering the mean streets of Rochester. He appears to
be between one and two years old from the looks of his teeth. He is a
sable mitt and does have the blaze on his head but does not appear to
be deaf. He is very loving and I imagine has several dooks he would
love to release if given a home to Boing and Dook around in. He is a
hefty fellow at 2.75 lbs. His coat and eyes are healthy and bright. He
was checked/treated for mites/fleas and given a rabies shot. LP asks a
fee of $50.00 to adopt this dude and will also provide you with a
certificate for a free vet visit with any vet on their list (yes there
are ferret vets included).

You may view Mikael at this site There are three views of him. I
personally don't think these shots do this cutie justice.
http://www.lollypop.org/orgmain.asp?sid=&orgID=54&storyID=41
Lollypop Farm is located at 99 Victor Road in Fairport, NY.

While there, I also spent time with a light sable male ferret
confiscated in a cruelty case. I am unaware of the entire
circumstances, but many cats were taken in by the Humane Society's Law
enforcement personnel as well. He appears to be in good shape now that
the fleas have been relocated. He was happy to free his chunky belly
of Tone while I trimmed his nails. Munching on the treat wasn't bad
either. He has not been officially surrendered at this time - it is a
waiting game with the legal system right now. Keep him in your
thoughts.

I am pleased to say I have befriended a new employee who took a female
ferret home to foster and potentially adopt. I am working with her to
be sure the fert gains weight with soup and any additinal needs it
might have. Since Dogs and cats rule in places like this, building any
new relationships is always valuable to our little mustelid buds! As
we always say here, We gotta stick together!

Cathy Ryan

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3