From:
"Tim C. Watson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 02:44:19 EDT
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd post a little note about Makai the Maniac; our new little
fuzzbutt.  Makai is now 3 months old.  He has learned to climb the couch
almost as fast as Haily the cat can jump it; both to the cushion as well as
the top of the back.  He can plop down from the top to the cushion and
cushion to floor almost as fast as Haily.  In the study (which he shares
with 2 computers, a desk and a fold out couch (yes I know the dangers
thereof, we don't unfold it); he can run the room almost as fast as Haily.
He certainly can get under things that Haily can't.  He has 6 sections of
Ferret Trail Funnels (3 straight, 3 elbows) that he loves to go through; he
also has a 10' section of black drainage tube that runs from the floor to
the couch cushions which he uses to escape Haily after a successful attack,
which really frustrates her.  She can hear him going through the tube and
jumps to the end, Makai sees her and just turns around and goes the other
way.  This may continue for a few more rounds.  Makai has already learned to
climb the outside of his 2-story cage and has discovered he can knock all
kinds of stuff to the floor and he just learned tonight that he can climb
from there to the printer stand.  I guess he heard about the FLO and is
doing his part to make it through basic training.

(Note: from the printer stand he could climb across the 2 computers to the
desk and to the computers' keyboards.  He hasn't yet realized that so
sssshhhhhhhh!, luckily both computers are powered down by at least 2 power
switches and only 1 has a modem, but I suspect that it's only a matter of
time.)

-- Tim, Makai (FLO?, what's that?), Salena <RB-GAF>, Haily (cat)

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/tcm_watson