From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 18:53:26 +0200
The Deslorelin implant with (4.7mg implant) research was started in
Holland about 5 years ago by Dr Nico Schumaker, It was, at that time
intended to be used as a substitute to neutering in the hope that
ferrets would not get Adrenalin tumors. My ferrets are now 5 years old,
have full beautiful coats, they get along fine, do not smell and do not
fight, and have not been neutered, they got their first implant at 3
months old. I think the secret is to have the implants done before they
get tumors, As I understand it from Nico, if a ferret all ready has
adrenalin that has developed for to long, the implant will not help, it
might still be necessary to have one adrenal gland removed and then try
the implant to slow the process in the second adrenalin gland. Hope
this helps

Cheers Stephenie

Netherland