From:
Fred Pullen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:14:03 -0700
I'm posting this method because a) I haven't heard it mentioned, and
b) I really don't know how we figured this out, so it may be new to some
people.

As others have noted, Ferretone holds their attention very well.  Except
I never could see myself putting Ferretone on their little bellies; maybe
it's a holdover from my childhood hatred of Vicks Vap-O-Rub, but I didn't
want to leave them with greasy tummies.  So instead I put a few drops of
Ferretone on the end of the kitchen faucet--or on top of a bottle of
Ferretone on the kitchen counter--and hold the ferret in one hand, draping
him or her down my arm.  I hold the ferret so that his or her forepaws are
resting on two of my fingers, and the claws are usually spread out.  My
other hand holds the clippers, and while the little guy is busy licking
up Ferretone, I'm clipping one side, switching hands, then clipping the
other.

I suppose this would only work with small ferrets and large hands, but
it's worked for me for almost six years.  Just thought I'd share.

Take care,
--Fred, Nusa, and forever Fresno