From:
Cindy Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 19:17:11 -0500
To Eric,

We have checked prices of ferrets in southern Vermont, western NH, and
eastern NY states.  Prices have ranged from $75 to $110.

We think that the $140 is high (we also think that $75-$110 is high!), but
as you mentioned, perhaps it's related to the current high demand and maybe
that will moderate once ferrets have been legal and available longer.

Related to the prices we quoted, the $110 was seen in New Hampshire at a
fancy border town pet store, and I think that ferrets have only been legal
there for a couple of years.

The $75 price was seen at a larger store in the Albany, NY area where
there's a bigger selection, more competition, etc.  NY state also has a
required state license of about $10, so that would add to the total cost.

Hope this helps!