From:
"CROW, Jackie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:04:13 -0400
Hi all,

someone posted the other day asking for success stories with the
carpet-digging problem.  The solution I've  found is that cheapo plastic
runner you can get at Walmart.  I have a piece of that nailed down (I used
carpet tacks) under pretty much every door.  The fuzzies still dig at it
once in a while, but

a) it doesn't harm anything, and
b) it is much less satisfying to them, because they aren't ruining
   anything ;-) and so they give up relatively quickly.

I've tried satisfying their penchant for digging with allowing them free run
of my enclosed balcony, and full destruction privileges on all the potted
plants I had out there, PLUS supplying them with a digging box, but the
plastic solution was the only one that worked.

You can cut it with ordinary scissors, so you just shape it around the door
jam and let it overlap on both sides of the door, that way they can't pull
it up.  The carpet tacks hold it down pretty well, but a REALLY determined
digger could probably pull it up if he/she put his/her mind to it.

Feel free to email if you want more directions (although I'm going on
holiday on Thursday, so make it quick :-)

jackie