From:
"mark e. patnode" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:17:47 -0500
RE: meagan Quinn,s inquiry I to have a non raisin eating ferret, actually
she will not eat any normal ferret treats.  the only thing she considers a
treat is meat, any and all, she cant get enough.  as for teaching your
ferret to roll over one of my books suggest you show him the treat, say
roll over and while gently holding him by the shoulders, roll him over do
several short 2-3 min sessions a day, and be patient.  keep in mind that
some ferrets don't like to be rolled over and will become distressed and
upset if forced to.

Now i have a question of my own does anyone know the exact amount of
protein and fat that they should have or a min.  and max.  all my books say
they need a high amount.  the ferret kibble list crude protein at 30% and
the crude fat at 8% and the taurine that is needed for the heart and eyes
is in the ingredients but is not given by a % i have looked for kitten food
that is comparable, and many are very close, only off by 1 or 2 % in each
category then i found a cat food that has much more of each % 35% for the
protein 15% for the fat and its the only one that gives a % for taurine @
not less than 1200 mg/kg.  this brand is dads special formula gourmet blend
for adult cats.  is this ok for them and does anyone know the min./max.  %
for each.

HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL FUZZBUTTS****
thank you for any help Joanne