From:
Andrew Blaine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 15:41:00 -0400
Dear Group,

It was suggested to me that I should join this group and see if there
were anyone interested in adopting my 3 ferrets. I live in Plattsburgh,
NY (1 hour south of Montreal, 15 minutes west from Vermont) and will
give them to a good home. Due to social behaviors, I have to split them
up to give away a group of 2 and then the 1. Here is some information
about them:

George & Sassy

George and Sassy were both rescues from a seemingly good home. George
has signs of adrenal and sassy has signs of mass cell tumors. Both are
extremely energetic when together, they are great friends and never
fight. They both love to play for about 30 minutes when let out of
the cage and usually crawl up under my dresser to fall asleep. I have
pictures of each of them that I can send upon request. I estimate that
they are around 3-4 years old. They will be given away with hammocks,
cage, and all other common items needed.

Victor

Victor was a rescue and I believe he was abused at his last home. He
used to run scared and poop on the carpet when you went near him. He
now has no problems with that although he is still extremely cautious
around new people and when he doesn't know what you are doing. He
appears to be in perfect health, no adrenal, or any other signs. The
main problem is that he occasionally bites. He is very special and will
need to go to a loving home that will understand his biting and help
him with it. If you are playing with him he might come up to you, lick
your arm then bite. He bites hard, but rarely does he bite unprovoked.
He chews fabric and rubber often (I am unsure if he has teeth problems,
but maybe he just likes to bite things). He is the only ferret that I
have ever been around that will chase you from room to room if you are
running, but beware, when you pick him up after he catches you, he
might playfully bite you if he can. I am unsure if this was some kind
of game or part of the past abuse. Once you invest them time and
patience in letting him get to know you, you will fall in love with
him as I have. I believe that he is somewhere between 2.5-3.5 years
old. Pictures also available upon request.

I have been around ferrets for 20 years and care very deeply about how
these animals are treated. As you would imagine, I need them to go to
excellent, loving, homes. If anyone is interested, please email me at

Thanks

Andrew Blaine
Plattsburgh, NY 12901