From:
"Jamie R. Furr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 01:57:15 -0400
Somehow after Bob's post two days ago that the request for appeal had been
vacated I still maintained a glimmer of hope that somehow Kodo would have
yet another chance, given the rollercoaster of the past 1 1/2 months.
Tonight when I realized that he was really gone it hit me like a boulder.

Reading the wonderful posts, I had a feeling I've only experienced once
before that I can recall, and that was with the death of my beloved Nigel,
who was my first and soulmate ferret.  I had an incredible physical pain in
my chest, and even now, an hour later, it's still a dull ache.  I can only
imagine what Bob and his family are feeling now.  However, I am heartened
by an image that I can't get out of my mind.  That is an image of Kodo
surrounded by thousands of fuzzies in a beautiful field filled with purple
flowers and every fun and happy thing a ferret could ever dream of.  My own
babies Nigel, Sprout, and Jezebel are of course right there in front,
nudging his chin up and showing him the beauty and happiness of it all, and
I see him starting his frolic that will never end.

I also admit that I'm an agnostic (read into that anything you want), and
even though I'm not sure what exactly I believe in terms of human death aand
what happens afterward (I do believe that we go somewhere), the idea of the
Rainbow Bridge has comforted me since I joined the FML a few months ago.

Nothing, however, has solidified in my mind that there is a REAL place that
beautiful ferret spirits go after their death until now.  Maybe I'm reading
a bit more into this than I should, but I don't think so.  I think I've had
a small but real spiritual breakthrough, and I credit Kodo, Bob and family,
BIG, and the rest of the huge FML family.

On another note, I continue to support Bob and the entire cause to the best
of my ability.  I've sent in bids on some of the items up for auction, and
if my bids aren't accepted I plan to donate what I would have spent on that
to the cause.  However, I would also like to make a personal contribution to
Bob himself.  I know that he's in a personal financial crisis, not only
losing his job and home, but also owing a large amount in child support.  He
did this not only in support of Kodo and the cause of ferrets all over the
world, but also in support of his family who loved Kodo as much as he did.
I'd like to personally thank him for his efforts by helping him pay back his
personal debts (in addition to my contribution to his debts from his fight
for Kodo).  I don't know if he'll accept my offer, but if anyone knows where
I can send my contribution to please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!

My love to all-      Jamie (and the frets Fidget, Tiny, and Cyrano)