From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1993 15:25:12 -0400
>From:   Jason Blackwell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      The amazing trembling ferret
>
>     One rather odd thing Cricket does is trembles.  It is not a constant
>sort of thing, but every so often when you pick her up she is noticably shaking

>From:   [log in to unmask] (James Garriss x5766 x5631)
>Subject: shaking and hacking
>
>Does anyone else's ferret shiver/tremble/vibrate?  Mine do occasionally
>and I'm not sure why.  It seems to happen when I pick them up after
>they've been sleeping and carry them to a new place to explore.
>
>Does anyone else's ferret hack/sneeze/gasp?  Mine do occasionally and
>I'm not sure why.  It seems to happen randomly.  Is it the fur-in-the-
>throat thing, like cats get (hairball)?  Should I get the Laxatone that
>someone suggested?

Buddy is also a trembler. I think some ferrets tend to do this when they
are excited. He often shakes when picked up, and usually even 'vibrates'
when I give him a treat :). I don't think it's anything to worry about.
If some humans can 'tremble with excitement', why not some ferrets? :)

As for hacking, Buddy also does this a fair bit. He will hack once or
twice, then chew (yuck! :). I don't know why. Anyone? I do give them
both some Felaxin (a cat hairball remedy) at least once a week as a
precaution against intestinal blockage.

John, Buddy, and Cassidy