From:
mike janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1993 11:30:42 -0400
What's the most up to date information on the "green diarrhea" virus that has
been going around.  If a location is know where info can be had, please let me
know.  I've only recently (today!) gotten hooked into the Ferret Mailing List
so I'm probably a little behind the times.

I stumbled across some information on Compuserve but it seemed to be a little
old.  Few in this area (Miami, FL) had even heard of this problem until I ran
across the files on Compuserve.

Recently, one of the members of the Miami Ferret Club brought home two new
youngsters and shortly thereafter, two of her older ferrets appeared to be
stricken with this virus.  I haven't gotten an update on their status but I
believe they're doing ok so far.

Our own 2 year old rescue ferret had a problem which at first appeared to be
this virus but (thankfully!) turned out not to be so.

Actually, we still don't know what it was or what caused it.  His stool would
occasionally be clear and yellowish with a jelly like consistency.  There
would be NO feces in it whatsoever.  The vet said "mucus" but could find no
cause.  We had every test imaginable run from blood tests to a barium scan to
check for foreign bodies and turned up a big zero.  The problem seems to have
cleared up on its own.

--
            (Gated via FidoNet Node 1:1/31)