From:
"Hudson, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 11:50:49 -0500
I was a little upset by the ANON post.  Maybe I just took it the wrong way,
but it kinda insinuates that MF ferrets are 'less' desirable than any
other.  I currently have 7 of my own fuzzies and 3 fosters.  Trying to
figure out the %, I would say MF represents most of my guys.  Only 1 was
a pet store purchase (my first one).

No one on the FML has ever suggested that the FERRETS are bad, it is the
breeder everyone has a problem with!  I love my little guys regardless of
what tattoo they have.  But, I also keep an extra close watch on those
guys, knowing that some if not all of them need special/additional
attention to the adrenal concerns.

I'm still new to the FML, so maybe a few years ago someone attacked ANON
for wanting to PURCHASE another petstore ferret.  Was it about having an MF
fuzz at home or a matter of where #2 was coming from?  I'm a huge supporter
of adopting from shelters, 9 of the guys in my care represent several
shelters (and anyone who has been reading, I'm the person involved with
trying to stop a hell-hole of a shelter in my area).

Raisin - if your dad hesitated in providing a home to another ferret
because of what someone else had to say, then I'm sorry.  But, most ferret
moms and dads would tell that person to buzz off and open their hearts and
homes to another fuzz with or without a blue dot on their ear.

Don't mean to stir the kettle, but I was just a little upset!!

Hope all fuzzies out there had a wonderful holiday.  My 10 liked the
presents, but thought the gift bags, boxes and paper were the real toys!!
Think of all that money I could have saved!!!

Fuzzy hugs,

Jen and Gang