Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:22:57 -0800
Hi Kitty

About two years ago I took in a ferret. His owners moved back to Japan
and there were a lot of issues trying to take their ferrets. I knew
this couple and their ferrets for some time, they cared deeply for
them.

Two issues I remember are they were flying out of San Francisco, CA
where ferrets are illegal, and there was a long quarantine once in
Japan.

The decision was made to leave their ferrets with me as their new
forever home.

Sadly just days before they came to me, one passed from lymphoma.
Hotaru came to me a few days later. He was a dear little soul, and
quickly became bonded to a couple of my girlie ferrets. He was with
me for two years until he passed from lymphoma at almost 7. Since you
will not have the CA issue, you may just have the quarantine issue.

These folks did take their dog, and the quarantine was much shorter as
I recall. Something about ferrets being in a class other than *pet*.

Good Luck Kitty, I do hope you can take all your wee ones with you
on a great adventure.

Ardith
Reno, NV