From:
Kelly Beaman & MaryAnn Vogt-Beaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:37:59 -0400
Hi Anne!

How are things in Chicago?  Perhaps you know of the FAIR shelter in
Westmont run by Mary Van Dahm.  She could probably help you a great deal
in this respect.  You could also check with the Greater Chicago Ferret
Association.  For my part, I recommend our terrific vet at Shaffer Animal
Hospital in Orlando, specificially Oviedo on Red Bug Lake Road just off
the 417 bypass en route to Disney.  This is a toll road and it goes a
little out of the way, but it's nicer and less congested than I-4,
depending on when you arrive.  Dr. Jeff Shaffer seems to be the regional
authority on ferts due to his work with a local shelter, so you'll be in
good hands.  For other locations, you could probably just check with a
local shelter to find a good vet.

Have fun on your trip!

Kelly & MaryAnn
Kissimmee, FL