From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 02:15:38 -0400
James,

Used to have a lot more than we do now, and used to foster for a shelter
on a regular basis, but had to cut that out because of my own health
problems.  At the time the investigation started, we had 6, and are now
down to 4, after losing one of my precious babies to heart failure
earlier tonight.

The care of the ferrets was never really an issue, just that DSS thought
they could be a potential health hazard for our kids because they are
"wild animals".  They were going to close the case earlier, but then I
found out I was pregnant, and they made excuses to keep it open longer.
They just don't understand the animals at ALL, and don't seem to be too
keen on learning anything about them.  I'd go into more detail, but it's
hard typing through tears, so I'll save it for another day.

AL