From:
Megan McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:05:41 -0500
Hi there, crowd!  I am Megan, I live in Baltimore, MD, with three ferrets.
Anastasia is 6-7ish, and my first (an impulse pet-store buy - too cute
to resist!  And luckily, she survived all my errors!).  She's my secret
favorite.  Then Lexie, 5-6ish, and rescued from being abandoned at a vet's,
and Sammi, 2 1/2, bought at a ferret show from a shelter - So much energy!:)
Nice to meet y'all!

The Story: Anyone out there ever use their ferrets as tools?  Since I cut
all my nails short last week, I realized that I couldn't get the little
metal screen out of my tub drain, so that I could put in the plug and take
a bath.  So I put Sammi in the tub, and within seconds her curious digging
had pulled it right up!  I knew I had these guys for a reason.

The Question: Does anyone think it is better to have the ferrets' annual
check-up at one particular time of year or another?  Since they change so
much between summer and winter, I just thought there might be a 'more
accurate' time - or maybe it just matters that it's always the same time,
so comparisons can be made.  Just wondering what y'all think.

Thanks!
Megan and the Plump Three:
  Anastasia ("Winter's coming - can I have another raisin?")
  Lexie ("I'll eat anything that doesn't eat me first!")
  Sammi ("I may not eat that - but I will hide it under the couch until
          it smells funny!")