From:
"David J. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 1997 09:38:31 -0400
Yes... Its not a problem in my experience.  We actually have electric
baseboard heating but its essentially the same in that a hot element runs
through a bunch of sharp metal fins which get hot enough to burn fingers.
Our five ferrets never go near enough to get burnt when they are "on".  In
summer when they are cold you occasionally find some toy has been wedged in
one of them.  Originally we had a small amount of sniffing as the
accumulated dust from summer burnt off when they were first turned on.

We have accumulated "21 ferret x years" worth of experience with no mishaps
of any kind due to the baseboard heating. (Five ferrets ranging from 2 to 5
winters.)