From:
"Stadalski, Carrie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 12:29:34 -0500
Hi everyone -

We have a quick question for all of you.  I'm pretty sure this is not in any
of the FAQs.  Do ferrets get hot spots?  Most of the time when you have hair
loss due to adrenals or insulinomas it's at the base of the tail, right?
What would it be if he's slowly been losing a patch at the top of his front
right leg?  He seems a little extra itchy, lately, (all over) but there's no
fleas.  Also, the female in with him doesn't seem to have a problem.  Can
ferrets have problems due to stress?  We just lost our two older ferrets
right after Christmas within a month of each other - one from insulinomas
and the other from a mass in his abdomen that burst.  But if anything, the
two left now get more attention and time out because it's easier for us to
keep an eye on two than four.  Maybe he misses them.  Do we worry or do we
wait to make sure he doesn't just have a funny (and early) shedding pattern
this season?

Carrie- my poor boy is going bald!
EJ - what's the matter with you, psycho-ferret?
Podo - mama, where's my stinky friends?
Ruh - why's everyone else get all the attention?