From:
"Macomber, PeggySue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 01 Nov 1994 13:44:00 -0800

I recently called the State House in MA to check on the status of the Ferret
Laws in MA.  They are completely illegal unless they are going to be used
for educational purposes.
The bill to repeal the law that bans ferrets is currently in the House Ways
and Means Committee and if it does not make it through to the floor before
Jan 1 then it will have to begin the entire legislative process once again -
It has been pushed aside for a number of years (3 I think but I'm not sure)
The Chairman of the committee is Finneran and it was suggested to me that if
I was interested in helping it along......
My plea to all of you would be if you had a second to send off a note to the
following.

Chairman Thomas Finneran
House Ways and Means Committee
State House - Room 243
Boston, MA  02133
(617) 722-2700

Maybe if we flood his office it will make him at least think of it.  The
response I got from one of the aids was that they were bills that were much
more important to think about and that this bill was insignificant as far as
the legislators were concerned :o(

Thanks
PeggySue

In desperate need of my fuzzies who are currently in foster care in CT.