Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 08:23:15 -0600
Hi gang~

One of my ferrets, Zebadiah "Teddy Boy", appears to be developing
adrenal issues. He also probably has insulinoma (based on the fact
that he's had two episodes of lethargy, listlessness, dull eyes, etc -
I've been giving him pred). He has an appointment next week. His second
episode was last night; walked in to check on them and he was in the
middle of the floor, awake but not moving. Took no interest in me. I
snuggled him, gave him his dose of pred (a few hours early), and fed
him baby food, then put him in a laundry basket on my bed where hubby &
I could watch him. He finally started to walk some after scarfing down
two helpings of chicken baby food & some 'Tone, but his movements were
wobbly. He was pretty well normal within an hour, so I put him back
in their pen & checked on him several times. This morning he seems to
be ok.

Adrenal symptoms: lost hair between his shoulder blades; tail; some
from back of flanks & sides of flanks; itchiness (not that this is much
different from usual). No aggression that I've seen (he's still very
cuddly to his bro & sis).

Now - OTHER THAN surgery - what are my options? I don't really
understand the differences between suprelorin and so forth. I know that
melatonin is supposed to help them regrow their hair. I copied down the
site info for the suprelorin implants yesterday. Can y'all give me more
info - what we need to do, what I need to ask my vet, site info for
places that sell what I need, and approximate cost?

Thanks! Zeb is my first possible adrenal boy, and I'm very nervous.

~Eri Gee

--

 /\_/\
(>"<)