From:
Mary and Modern Ferret magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 21:49:54 -0400
Pennsylvania--
A 2-week-old baby girl was killed by the family's chow chow. She died of dog
bites on her head, neck, chest, and abdomen. I couldn't help but notice that
no one said anything about how vicious dogs are. The coroner's comment was:
"We don't know why the dog did it" (*not* "dogs are baby-eaters by nature").
The authorities destroyed the dog (the parents didn't kill it). The parents
didn't go ballistic about how dogs make lousy pets. No one asked the Humane
Society why dogs haven't been outlawed.

If it had been a ferret, I think we all know what kind of stink would have
been made.

It just reminds me of all the work we have to do. :-(

Mary & the Furry Foursome