Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:28:47 -0400
Hi All,

Finally located a working link for the FML - seems many older links go
to a CUNY addy which gets returned via the mailer daemon. Some of you
may recognize my name from other ferret forums and yahoo groups. The
FML ias alist that has been mentioned several times as a good place
to talk ferrets!

As an intro I now have three ferrets. One, my first, is Josie, a deaf
panda 1 year old ferret who I've raised so far on a completely all
natural ( normal) prey and raw diet. Josie has proved to be
exceptionally interactive and has learned many hand signals! She has
been my inseperable companion since day one and enjoys free roam of
the house 24/7 as well as outings and excursions several times a week!

I recently adopted two older ferrets, both 6 years old, Fozzy a
champagne boy and Faylene, a sable girl. Both of them are MF ferrets
and were raised on kibble ( 8in1 Ultimate and Eukanuba Gold Cat). Fozzy
is absolutely obese, while faylene is of a normal weight. Both of them
are being offered raw, freeze dried and dried meaty bones and so far
have been very adventurous in tasting and eating the offerings! Fozzy
has very determnedly discovered a few of Josie's stashed prizes and
works diligently to devour them!

Fozzy's energy level is increasing as each day passes and he is slowly
becoming more athletic. He is so fat he literally has "cankles"! There
are pads of fat on TOP of his paws! ANd deposits in front of his
shoulders! His body is wider than my foot! Poundage wise he isn't all
that heavy - only 2.65 lbs, but volume wise - he's a blubberball!

They were both accustomed to cage life so now, having free roam seems
to be agreeing readily with them. Faylene is becoming more interactive
with me and actually war dances with me now! The Fozz manages to hop
sideways once or twice, but keeps it to a mellow trot, or hefts himself
up on the sofa and then has to recharge his batteries!

So Now I've got ferrets on both ends of the spectrum - An independent,
deaf, raw, natural prey, species specific fed ferret with what seems
an interminable energy supply and who is very young; and elderly ( by
american standards) kibble and (formerly) cage kept and bonded ferrets
in the twilight(?) of their life.

As you can see, I'll be interested in many aspects and comments of
ferret management!

Cheers!
Kim