From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:35:21 -0400
From Erin--
>We just recently got in our worst biter ...  She's a HUGE altered
>female, non-MF (does PV use any tattoo, 'cause this girl's got no tattoos?)

Best wishes with Gillian--I am sure she will come around (hope you and your
hands are ok!  :-)

Have you tried adding rescue remedy to her water?  It is available at any
health food store, tiny bottle, about $10, but you only use a drop or two
in a bottle/dish of water, so it lasts a long time.  It is used for trauma,
and to relax anyone who is stressed out.  Frequently used for animals, and
people too.

Also--from her markings (blaze) Gillian sounds as if she may be deaf?  This
could also account for (some of) her biting and nervousness (obviously,
neglect and abuse too).  But sometimes deaf ferrets get more than their
share of abuse/neglect because people think they are not listening.  They
can also be very skittish if you do not realize they are deaf.  I once had a
DEW (another marking often deaf) who was severely abused at a pet store and
became a serious biter.  With a lot of TLC (especially from the FACT shelter
where I adopted him) he became an extremely sweet loving ferret.

P.S.  The Path Valley ferrets I've seen tend to be very solid, very
personable, and also quite smart.  Very nice ferrets.

***

Henry wrote:
>there is a severe shortage of ferret supplies in the 20 or so stores
>I have checked. ... Does anyone know where I can get any of this stuff
>at low prices?  Internet shopping is fine for me as well.

For lots of ferret supplies and fun stuff too, check the fml ad issue
that just went out--everything you could think of is offered by someone
on the list.  If you didn't receive it, send mail to:
with
GET FERRETAD 11
in the body

Happy shopping!

Ronnie in Mass.
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming, Merlin, Roxanne, Petunia, Epcot &
Clover's mom