From:
Ferret Paw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 1995 12:47:22 -0400
To the Japanese vet in Japan:

I am a Japanese residing in US, and know how the vaccine status in Japan
right now is.  One of the animal magazine had contacted me to write articles
for them -- which I don't know if I am still doing it or not-- and I have
been contacting several vaccine companies in US.  As far as I know, at this
point the only "safe" ferret vaccine available in Japan is Solvay galaxy 2dp.
(galaxy-D).  The vaccine however is not approaved for ferrets as many people
know, but many people here do use it and so far, no problem.

translated in Japanese:
watashi wa America ni sunceiru nihonjin de kono seenen hodo Ferret no koto o
benkyou siteimasu.  Nihon de ferret yoo no vaccine ga teni hairinikui koto wa
yoku shitte ismasu.  America no vaccine gaisha ni toriawaseta tokoro ima
nihon de teni hairu America de ferret ni tsukawarete iru Distemper no chuusha
wa Solvay gaisha san no "galaxy 2dp" (mata wa "galaxy-D" tomo yobareteiru )
chusha desu.  Keredomo kono chuusha wa mada ferret you niwa mitomerarete
naku, kaisha kara wa ferret ni tsukau nowa dooka to iwarete imasu ga, ima
America ni aru ferret yoo no "Fer Vac-D" yori wa arerugii hannooo ga sukunai
no de heeki daroo to iwarete takusan no America jin no kata tachi ga
tsukattte imasuga imano tokoro zen zen warui hanashi wa kikmasen.  desukara
nihon de ferret ni imamade tsukawareta koto no nai chuusha yori wa anzen to
omowaremasu.  Zan nen nagara, Fer Vac -D (ferret senyoo) wa Nihon no seekan
ga kibishii tame to nihon ga takai okane o seekyuu surutame ni Nihon niwa
mada yushutsu wa dekinai soo desu.  (Nihon de mada donokurai chuusha o kau
hito ga iruka wakaranai tame ni UNited Vaccines -- fervac o tsukutte iru
kaisha-- wa jibun tachi ga waza waza yushutsu dekiru yooni okane o dashitemo
chanto sono bun nihon de no uriage ga oitsuku ka dooka wakaranai node moo
sukoshi yoosu o minakereba okurenai soodesu.)  Moshi motto ferret ni kanshite
goshitsumon ga aruyoo nara, [log in to unmask] ni gorenraku kudasai.

well... sorry everyone for writing in strange language : )  but since he
(she?) had said s/he didn't speak english well, I wanted to explain in
Japanese.

Yes, solvay galaxy-D is available in Japan.  I do have the number for the
Solvay vaccine company in Japanese location.  If you do want to get the
number for Solvay in Japan, please E mail me at [log in to unmask] OR you can
call the Solvay and ask them yourself : )  (I dont' have the number off hand
right now.)

good luck to every ferret lovers in Japan

FP
(once again, I am just an individual FerretPaw and do not have anything with
the Ferret Paws rescue in PA.  I'm sorry.. but I just couldn't change my
screeen name....)