From:
Wendy Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 09:22:36 -0500
Hi all!

We (hubby and I) have been just lurking for the past year since our beloved
silver Silk crossed the Bridge at age 8.  We had a new puppy at the time so
couldn't handle more youngsters in the house.  The puppy is now grown, so I
get to introduce the new members of the clan!

Our two babies are full siblings, born May 6th.  We got them from a good
breeder in our area who let us play with the beautiful parents.  The kids
were a bit young (7 weeks) and SO tiny, but we got to take 1st pick if we
got them then.  Beowulf is a sable with a pale muzzle.  At 10 1/2 weeks he
just topped one pound and is starting to show a distinct bandito mask.
Velvet is a silver female who started almost white but is darkening daily.
She has a dark grey cap and under-eye smudges and the same intent expression
that we loved in Silk.  Her most distinguishing feature is a bob tail.  Mom
was a bit stressed by the birth (she was stolen by drug dealers during her
pregnancy but thankfully recovered) and took it out by bobbing the females'
tails.  Velvet started out bigger, but our little hob has passed her up
already.  A definite advantage of getting babies is that they learned bite
inhibition before they got big enough to hurt.  They're starting to
understand the litter box now.

One question: Velvet's fur is definitely yellowish on her head and neck and
on her stomach.  This developed over the past 2 weeks as her coat has been
coming in more.  Beowulf doesn't show this.  Is it just a normal variation?
We're going to the vet tonight for a distemper shots so I'll ask her too,
but I thought I'd get the wisdom of the list.

Wendy and the clan