Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:21:33 -0500
>I will be posting the following letter to Mayor Richard Daley in Chicago
>on Sat am...
>Alicia D.

That was a wonderful letter; I would like to make a copy of it for all
the people to read that don't know anything about ferrets; I think it
would help out immensely with the whole ferret ignorance issue.  Good
luck to all in Chicago.

>Our dilemma is that we have some WONDERFUL items for raffle and for sale
>on Ebay ... and we like these products as much as other ferret owners.
>So, we've been debating amongst ourselves whether SOS members are
>allowed to buy raffle tickets for SOS auctions, or to place bids on SOS
>Ebay items.

In my humble opinion, the SOS members ought to be able to purchase raffle
tickets also, especially if the drawing is done by an independent and
impartial 3rd party; sorry, no tickets for BIG.  I personally would be
happy to know that all parties involved and all willing bodies can
purchase raffle tickets; it eases my mind on the months that I do not
have the funds to purchase them.

>Does someone want to take a cap reading "Legalize ferrets" to one of his
>public appearances and see if he will wear it for the cameras?

Oh please, someone please do!  I would love to see that coming across
my tv or computer screen.  Maybe this is the secret weapon to help
Californians finally win the legalization battle.  Hey, is a state
can have a pro-wrestler as a governor, Cali would be in its zone with
a movie star gov!

>Lately, I have read several postings talking about their little
>fuzzbutts sleeping in bed with them.  Am I being paranoid?  Is it
>generally safe to let them jump up into bed with us and sleep under
>the covers with us?

My ferret sleeps with me on occasion, mostly when its cold in the winter,
She chooses most of the time to sleep by my feet, but sometimes is up
closer to the head of the bed.  I guess maybe my maternal instincts kick
in, I notice every time she rolls over or breathes different.  I am
always very aware when she is there, but otherwise I am usually a pretty
sound sleeper.  My ferret normally has the privilege of running the
house, so I am aware of her whereabouts.  I think the only thing I would
caution is that if you are not used to their presence, start slowly.

Update: Still haven't found any ferret goggles so that she can go on the
Harley with me, if anyone who was helping with that search or anyone who
might have additional information on where I could get some ferret
goggles please let me know.

(((HUGS)))
Heidi