From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:20:00 -0400
Dear Sarah-

Yes, Allis Chompers is named for the Allis Chalmers tractor company.
She got the name because we are tractor people, and she has a peculiar
habit.  When she is really happy she snaps her teeth once with a big
click to show it...she "Chomps." She answers to either Allis, Chompers,
or Chomps or simply "Chomp!".

You know those occasions when unwanted, and perhaps unsavory men come up
to you in places like Wal-Mart parking lots and try to chat you up?  Not
my favourite thing.  It really helps if you can turn to the BIG DOG in
your car and say something like "LIE DOWN CHOMPERS!  Don't give this guy
any trouble like last time!" And my gentle lunch-hound dutifully lies
down....this time.

Alexandra in MA