From:
Victoria Hadfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 1994 00:39:17 -0500
Rochelle - my ferret Antigone, who is about 7 now, also often wheezes when
she sleeps.  I've always assumed it is their version of snoring.  She does
get loud sometimes - the first time my boyfriend heard her he was amazed! :)
Like Brad's ferret Mako, she also "twitches" in her sleep.  Usually it's her
legs which twitch, and sometimes they really get going, as if she's running.
The friend who introduced me to ferret-ownership said that she was chasing
rabbits in her sleep.  Occasionally she'll stop twitching her legs and start
twitching her mouth:  then I assume she's caught her dream rabbit (although
since she's never seen a rabbit, perhaps she dreams of chasing  huge pieces
of Science Diet kibble....I can tell it's too late for my to be awake...)
My other ferret, Minima, doesn't twitch as much and doesn't snore at all.
Now does Antigone's snoring bother her, fortunately!

When I took Minima to the vet today he admitted he'd never seen a ferret
who was presumed to have Cushings go completely bald and then grow a new
full coat - usually they just stay bald.  So I showed Minima (with her new
full coat) to him - he had no explanation.  Does anyone else?  (she was
*completely* bald, like Kojak the ferret)

Victoria Hadfield, Antigone and Minima