From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:41:42 -0000
>From:    Tony O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
>... The result was that I got all my ferrets back, with compensation
>which he had to pay for all the other animals that he had sold on, he
>got fine and a prison term for theft.

This post, in its entirety, was passed onto Dr June McNicholas of NFWS.
who is their publicity officer and deals with all publicity matters, good
or bad.  Obviously she will want to scrutinise any misdemeanour that
might have been connected with the NFWS.

Dr McNicholas is a qualified barrister and is extremely interested in
legal matters relating to cases involving ferrets, indeed, it is quite
unusual for any ferret matter to even be allocated an incident number by
the police let alone, as implied, it getting to a 'courtroom'.  Whatever,
Mr O'Sullivan's reasoning was to post an account of an incident of so many
years ago remains unclear, but perhaps he would like to get in touch in
Dr McNicholas and discuss it with her?  It is likely that she could
possibly be interested in tracing the incident since it must be one of
the few formally logged on police files.

[FN]