From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:18:30 -0500
Dear dark one,
We never really knew your name-- to come here was a mortals shame.  Your
keeper saddened by life trials would add more kids when all the while the
ferrets joy was not enough to soothe her aching heart.  It was not your
fault that on that day she planned to take her life away..  and you couldn't
help, you couldn't say "wait right here mom I'll save the day".

Then through crashing doors strangers appeared and fear filled your aching
heart -- and several days you sat and waited for what fate you knew not.
Then you were moved and moved again into starnger lands, and slowly fear
took over you ..  your young life seemed so incomplete.  The love we tried
to show you and your siblings, the comfort that we gave could not reach your
breaking heart.  You would not eat, and would not accept the nourishment we
fed..  and off we took you swiftly to see the shelter vet.  In fear of
losing you a surgery was done, and now my sweet they tell me you cling to
life today.  Please know that though you are scared and frightened good
things lie in store you're much too young to lose this fight-- you are not
even one.

Please hear my prayers and thoughts and I promise if you'll stay I will yell
from the highest hilltop to everyone and say, "if you are saddened and you
are blue -- take not one ferret and take not two, for though their joy is to
behold, they will not solve your problems alone."

Dark One Ferret Wise is under supervision at Fisherville Animal Hospital,
Fisherville Rd., Concord, NH.  Please send your payers and well wishes-- and
if you have the ability a tax deductible contribution would surely help this
young one who deserves much better than he has gotten.

Alicia
his shelter MOM