Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:35:22 EST
Sandra Robinson wrote of a terrible experience with new volunteers. A
ferret lost his life, if I Understand correctly. Sandra...I am truly
sorry for the horror or the experience.

Someone wrote something that stung as a retort to the writings of
Sandra. I do not write well, and do not stand in judgement. But I
thought this incident could be something we could all learn from. It is
the loss of life that is so tragic, here. What gracious way could it
have been avoided? Remember, there was no way Sandra could have known
what the children would do next. It took only a few moments for the
tragedy to occur.

I have gone through all kinds of changes in my life. I do not know what
stage I am in now. What would I have done in a same situation? I truly
do not know. It is most hard to get volunteers. You do not want to
insult. You fully understand a severe learning disability and want to
show compassion. Only Sandra walks in her shoes for what faze of life
she now goes through.

My question, I throw out there is....What would YOU have done? What
could you have said to be polite and keep these people as volunteers?
Or was it best to shove them out of the door? Let us be respectful and
learn??

Thank you,
Lisette