From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:19:58 -0700
Just to cover my behind, when i was in California, i DIDN'T have ferrets
to worry about, when the base was burning.  JUST my cats, Tigger and
Asbury.  I didn't get introduced to the wonderful world of ferret, till
we moved back to where we are.  After rereading my post, i thought about
what i wrote.  It was very scarey, watching all the land burn.  House
fires just don't compare, to thousands of acres burning all at once.
Joanne Ruffner also lives in Arizona, i cannot quite remember how close
she is to the fires there, but there are still critters dying because of
them.

I belive in the power of prayer, for if many of you had not kept my Eppy
in thoughts/prayers/and close to your heart, i may never have found him.
He looked like he had never been away from home, which has me puzzled, as
to where he really was, for 10 weeks.  I still hug him tightly everyday,
and give thanks for so many wonderful people, as those of you here on
the FML.  I still care for those of you, who are still missing theirs.
Slippery is never far from my mind, and his mommy too.  She and i have
been in touch, since his dissappearance.  Endure the time and distance
that Troy Lynn has, when she lost her's, it is something you NEVER, ever
forget.

As for the ferret with the foot rot, i would suggest turning the woman in
to someone, for abuse of sorts.  The thing is (who) and what will become
of the ferret(s) afterwards.  If she choose not to take your advice and
continue to treat him, in her own manner, then take matters in your own
hands, just like those who have dealt with the Petco circumstances.  WE
all have to stand for something.

Rev. Sims, thank you for sharing those words from the bible, about gods
animals, all we are, truly are the care takers, they belong to our
heavenly father in the end, just like we do.  Read the paragraph above.
It is up to us to take a stand, somewhere!!!  We feel so inadequate
sometimes, and feel like what can we do, but if we do one little thing,
it has changed the system in one small way.

  In my thoughts and prayers always
  those fallen ones, who have made sacrifices @ human hands.
  those champions who are willing to go that extra mile.

Respectfully
donna n ' her furry family