From:
Kim Minick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:07:41 EDT
Alexandria, I have to say, the "nudies" trying to talk to me would freak
me out a little!  In this years batch of pictures, we saw a cupcake car,
a pink fuzzy golf cart, the Man, a huge temple and sooo many people with
no clothes on.  Nik swears that you get used to it while you are there.
I think if a guy walks up to me to talk and has no pants on, I am going
to notice!  They even have a term for the guys with a shirt and no pants,
it is called "Donald Duck." It took a minute, but I got it.

Nik has been doing fire for about 8 years now, and Burning Man for 6.
She spins poi, which is the chains.  It is awesome to watch, and she has
practiced a couple of times a week, several hours at a time for those 8
years.  I guess you don't want to start out by hitting yourself with a
flaming poi.  I have to admit, I don't really get Burning Man.  But I
am not a hard-core camper, and that is some hard-core camping!

Maybe next year you can stop by and we'll pressure wash you guys before
you go home!  That dirt is EVERYWHERE when she brings the camping gear
back home!

Kim in Reno