From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:12:43 -0400
  Angel    Estimated birth date 8/?/96 - 8/23/2004

I'm sorry to report the passing of my little old lady Angel.  She left
for the Bridge yesteday at about 10:30 AM, helped along by my vet.  As
best as he could determine, her kidneys were failing, and there was
nothing we could do for her, except ease her passing.  Eight years old
is pretty good for a Marshalls Farm ferret, but we would have loved more
time with her.

Those who attended ferret shows in the late nineties will remember her as
an albino who always kicked butt in the albino ring.  Angel had almost
pure white fur--no yellowing on her--and she was a contrary, which meant
that she had a beautiful long thick fur in the summertime.  She won Best
Albino once, and ALWAYS came away with a ribbon.

She came into my life when I was travelling long distances to a pet
store to buy Totally Ferret, which was not easy to find in my area.  I
met her in a store in Chester, NJ.  On the way home I had a minor traffic
accident.  I felt that angels were watching over me because no one was
hurt; and when my husband decided to buy her as a Chrismas gift, her name
naturally became Angel.

Angel was living proof that Albinos are the Gemini of the ferret world.
They are either so sweet that you're convinced that they're made of
sugar, or they're so spicy that you know that their eyes are red because
they're full of Tabasco sauce.  Angel was a Tabasco sauce girl....full
of spunk and a playfulness that never left her.  On Sunday, she hand
wrestled with my husband for the last time, even though she was getting
weaker.  She was a long term member of the WWF (that's Weasel Wrestling
Federation).

As she got older, she became much more of a sweety.  For the last year
I'd been giving her heavy cream every morning during play time.  She
would come over to my feet and look up with a look that said "Well?
Where's my cream?" She got first licks, and then graciously shared with
cagemates on the floor.  On Sunday, she had a small bowl all to herself.

She was our Princess, and we will miss her.  Sandee, please reunite her
with Furry, Sweetie, Frisky, Bruno, Silver, Ginger, and Truffle.

Melodyt and the slinky seven.