Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:01:47 -0500
I've been getting the Kong toys for a couple years now and have not had
any sort of problem with any of them (except not finding them when they
get stashed.) It says on the packaging to inspect regularly, however, and
I do.  *ANY* toy, or sleep sack or cage or anything that the ferrets use
needs to be inspected regularly, a quick look over daily is fine for most
things, toys should be inspected more carefully and every day.  when they
show signs of wear, replace them.

If I'm offering a new kind of toy, or add a new ferret to the group, I
only allow Kong toys, or any squeeky toy, or anything of that sort under
*supervised* play times until I know how they're going to behave with it.
I've also never put anything but dry kibble in my Kongs, and always things
that fall out easily.  My kids love them, but they don't chew destructively
on them.  If eventually I get a ferret that *does* chew that much, they
will become a supervised-only toy.

Sue