From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 19:12:19 -0600
Hello All,

I have been resoundly chewed out by a friend of mine for part of my post in
yesterday's list.  Let me clarify and apologize.

First, some clarification, it is NOT only Jason Poole's post that is
bothersome.  It is more the culmination of over 6 months of behind the
scenes crap from one or more members of this list.  I have been put in the
position of constantly defending myself and/or my motives about anything I
do that is ferret related, including posting, volunteering to help with
organizations, and lots of other stuff.  Nope, there is no reason that even
a majority of you should know what this is all about, but many do.  I vented
in my post, with all the frustration of the above.

I am extremely sorry for saying I withdraw anything nice I said about the
folks here.  I cannot apologize enough for that piece of nastiness on my
part.  It was uncalled for.  I should not let the actions of a few people on
this list make me insult everyone on this list.  That was not called for and
very childish on my part.

Again, I am extremely sorry.

I honestly have appreciated the friends I have made on this list.  And the
support from many who don't know me.  Thank you.

I also appreciate those that posted for freedom of speech.  I don't think I
should even call it in favor of Maggie's viewpoint.  Because, as some said,
my posts just aren't their cup of tea.  That does not insult me in the
least.  But I am glad that you shared your opinions, good and bad, with all.

But as I said, those that don't like my posts shouldn't have much of a
problem anymore.  I will stick with my own list, and send info privately.
Something I already do anyway.

So I do hope that everyone will just let this subside.  Publically and
privately.

Best wishes to all in the upcoming year,

Margaret Merchant