From:
poleKATparsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:33:23 -0700
FIRST..i am speaking as JUST PLAIN KAT...no affiliation with any group i
belong to...these are MY opinions...

i have waited a few days to respond to this...to calm down...i have no
idea if that is going to do any good or not...once i get going...

if BIG deems it appropriate here...i would appreciate opinions here...
preferably without nastiness...so we may all be able to learn something...

Someone asked some pointed questions of a rescuer here a few days
ago...intimating that she did not qualify...i do not know the person in
question...but that is neither here nor there...

this person said she was a RESCUER...i did not see that she said she was
a SHELTER...but the 'questioner' replied as if she had...

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE... to me...
Shelters take in all kinds of ferrets...adoptable and unadoptable...
Rescuers take in mainly those that can not be adopted out...they take in
the old and sick...

yes...shelters do this too...and Shelters are also Rescues...but that
does not mean that Rescues are also Shelters...

this person also intimated that this rescue fit the profile of a
hoarder...

so do i...so do many of you...i resent this...

MANY of my kids have been the old and infirm... yes...at times i have had
too many... yes...at times i could not afford them...most of us have had
times like these...

my husband and i have rescued several ferrets...people looking to get rid
of them...we took them in...

ok...we are not a shelter...so these ferrets are our personal ferrets...
but THEY ARE STILL RESCUES...WHY would they lose their status as rescues
JUST BECAUSE they will not be adopted out?...

CORRECTLY...they are not SHELTER ferrets...but they will ALWAYS be
RESCUED ferrets...even if we are not an 'official' 'Rescue'...the ferrets
are STILL RESCUES!

so...am i the only one who sees the difference between a Shelter/Rescue
and a Rescue?

yes..i also know people need to not get in over their head...i know that
prolly better than most...but it happens...and we ask for help...but
AGAIN...you do not have to help anyone you do not want to help...

not everyone can take in the old and infirm time and again...it takes a
huge toll on you...i am glad there ARE some who can...and do...

BIG...please let us know if you feel this is a proper place to discuss
this...

[Discussion of ferret shelters/rescues has always been appropriate here
in my opinion.  BIG]

JustPlainKat

p.s...i also feel the biting/scathing way the questions were asked by
that person just made her look like she had a personal vendetta against
the Rescue person...and not actually asking valid questions...
i would prefer, if we respond to this discussion, that we keep it general
and not slam individuals...

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT's Fuzzy Frenzy [+13](-16)...
Check out http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/ for my ShelterHelp pages!!!!

"The Royal Order Of Pooper Scoopers"
http://www.kwflatbed.com/hjg/hjg2.html

My Help4ADV Pages...
http://Help4ADV.terrabox.com/

SOS/FML Shelter and Vet List...
http://SOS-ShelterList.supportourshelters.org
SOS Raffles...
http://raffle.supportourshelters.org/

When you care about others....when you reach out to others....
 ...when you give of yourself to others...YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!