From:
Jennifer Rasel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:55:30 -0700
I received the following email from a local Michigan shelter operator who
does not subscribe to the FML.  I am posting as per her request.

Thanks, Jennifer Rasel

Hey Jen.  Neither of the owners in the following post have access to the
Internet, so I offered to make a post to the FML for them.  Would you
please foward for me?  Thx!

Ferrets need homes in Michigan

Our shelter is currently full and we're already running a waiting list,
for even more surrenders so we're unable to help these two families find
homes for their ferrets.  Each family is trying to find homes for seven
(7) ferrets; yup, that's 14 in total.  Below is a summary of the ferrets
in each home.  Perhaps folks on the list will be able to make room in
their existing businesses for a new furry face?  We sure hope so! :)

White Lake
Owner: Renee Henson
Phone: 248.887.8268
Owner provided information: Seven boys who all live together and are
very social, grouped with their lifetime mates.  All are eating Totally
Ferret, none are biters or have behavioral problems, no health issues.
None are up to date on vaccinations.  The owner states she "won't give
the ferrets to just anyone" but was resistant to attempt to find new
homes for the ferrets herself.

Boots & Bogey: have lived together their entire life, 5+ years old
Larry, Moe & Curly: 4-5 years old, have been together forever
Scuttles: 4 years old
Basil: 3-4 years old

Allen Park
Owner: Debbie Boyd
Phone: 313.388.2383
Owner provided information: Seven girls who all live together and are
very social.  Owner did not identify pair bonds or special friends
(pairs, trios, etc).  All are eating totally ferret, behavior issues
noted below, owner states none have health issues, none are up to date on
vaccinations (except one ferret noted).
Brandy: 5, champagne
Snowflake: 5, albino
Tippy: 5, dark sable
Fiona: 2, "patches" - sounds like salt and pepper
Frisky: 2, chocolate
Peanut: 2, chocolate, nervous nelly who can get so frightened she'll pee
on who's holding her. :)
Fluffy: 2, sable mitt?  had serious reaction to last vaccination, which
owner states was done recently.  She is very high energy and can nip
harder than some in play.

We have not met the owners or the ferrets, so the information provided
is straight from the owners.  If you can help these families please give
them a call!

Thanks!

Nanci
Motor City Ferrets