From:
nancy crocq <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 15:38:57 MST
Re: Ferrets drinking out of the tap

I saw an amusing sight this weekend.  Our 8 month old ferret, FARRAH, loves
to have me hoist her up into the bathroom sink and turn on the tap so that
she can lick the water going into the drain.  Until recently, our little
"baby" ferret, TASHIA, was not into this at all.  She was always scared of
the tap water sound, until yesterday, when she begged me to lift her up to
see what FARRAH was doing.  Things have now changed for TASHIA.  Apparently
she now likes drinking the tap water, too, except that TASHIA will sit up
by the taps and curl her neck down so that she can lap the water as it
comes out of the spout.  The amusing part is that every time TASHIA sticks
out her tongue into the stream of water, it diverts the stream onto
FARRAH's head (who is drinking down below in the bowl of the sink).  I had
to laugh as this little scene repeated itself about 10 times in a row,
almost in a rhythm.  By that time Farrah had wisened up and only drank
water when Tashia's thirst had been satiated.

Re:  Pavaroti

P.S.  Pavaroti sang in Edmonton last night, and although my husband and I
enjoyed him, we later found out that TASHIA doesn't seem to like opera very
much.  She hides under the stove whenever I play Pavaroti's songs.  Oh well.
I guess I'll keep the radio in the ferrets' room tuned to classic rock...

Nancy & Sylvain
FARRAH (the Edmonton, Alberta, Canada ferret)
& TASHIA (our Northern Light)